We’re open for small, essential meetings, training and education purposes only
Our Conference Centre remains open for small essential business meetings, training or education purposes only. So, if your meeting or training session is essential and cannot be delayed or take place at home, we are here for you.
We are still taking enquiries for future events, meetings and training sessions, so please feel free to discuss your event requirements and check availability.
During these unprecedented times, we have suspended our usual cancellation terms and conditions and therefore any cancellations or postponements can be made without penalty at this time.
If you would like to reschedule a current booking, we can reserve future dates for you without charge or commitment at this stage. So, drop us a line with your preferred dates and we’ll check availability and confirm your reservation.
Tier 4 – Stay at Home
Conference centres and exhibition halls must remain closed for conferences, exhibitions, trade shows, private dining or banqueting events.
Large business events such as conferences, exhibitions and trade shows are not permitted.
Business meetings for work, training or education purposes can still take place but only where the event cannot be delayed, where it is not possible to carry out the activity from home, and if social distancing can be maintained and the venue can demonstrate it has followed COVID-19 guidance.
Event spaces, including in conference centres and exhibition halls, can also be used for education and training purposes where reasonably necessary, or to provide socially beneficial public services such as Nightingale hospitals or food banks. People can only mix between households if an exemption applies – for example, if it is for work purposes, or voluntary or charitable purposes.
Over the last 6 months, our team have been working hard behind the scenes making changes and putting new procedures in place to ensure your visit to St Austell Conference Centre is welcoming, comfortable and Covid-safe.
Here are some of the things we’ve put in place:
- We have reduced our capacity to aid social distancing.
- Upon arrival, all delegates are directed straight to their room, leading to a reduced use of breakout areas.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been placed in easily-accessible locations around the Conference Centre.
- We have placed directional signage around the Conference Centre to aid with social distancing.
- We have put an enhanced cleaning programme in place for all areas, with a focus on touchpoints.
- We now offer pre-ordered, individually-served lunches. Each person’s food is provided in its own box. Our staff now serve tea, coffee and refreshments.
- Our staff wear masks and we ask guests to wear masks where possible in communal areas.
- We comply with NHS Track and Trace obligations.
- Our team have undergone special training, which is ongoing. We continue to monitor advice provided by the Government, local authorities and Public Health England.
Ultimately, we want to make sure your time at St Austell Conference Centre is welcoming, safe and productive.
Our team are available to discuss any queries or concerns you may have – you can contact us on 01726 624200, firstname.lastname@example.org or in-person. You can also download a detailed risk assessment here, or have it sent to you upon request.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Take care and stay safe,
Beth & Kelly
St Austell Conference Centre
St Austell Conference Centre
St Austell Business Park
Cornwall PL25 4FD
(Alternative SatNav: PL25 4EJ)
+44 (0)1726 624200